Flashback to Marcelle and Jay’s wedding held on the 1 April 2018 in Dwarskersbos right here on the West Coast.
Marcelle and Jay celebrated their love for each other with a beach wedding right in front of Marcelle’s folk’s home which was turned into the most beautiful of wedding venues. A platform was erected out front to provide an area for this, all covered with a large white stretch tent.
The lush tropical beach inspired theme was well displayed across the tables with lots of luscious foliage and interesting light arrangements.
Marcelle who has worked in the wedding industry knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding. She provided me with a fabulous mood board to work from.
Marcelle and Jay chose to spoil their guests with a sea and South African inspired wedding cake and dessert table. The dessert table was a collection of bright white plinths decorated with various types of seashells, coral and interesting plants and lights topped with an array of treats.
The double barrel wedding cake was a rich coconut sponge with almond tones filled a tart passion-fruit curd covered in white fondant and topped with a handmade coral topper. The topper was made using pastillage.
There were an eclectic array of dessert items including:
- Clam shaped vanilla sugar cookies flooded with royal icing and decorated with gold pearlized accent piping
- Vanilla cake pops covered in white chocolate and decorated with white nonpareils and white glitter
- Luscious individual no-bake lemon curd cheesecakes, each topped with white Ferrero Rocher Raffaello chocolate
- Vanilla cupcakes decorated with buttercream succulents
- Clam shaped macarons with silver accents filled white chocolate ganache and a handmade “pearl”
- Lamingtons covered in chocolate frosting and desiccated coconut
- Individual malva puddings topped with Italian meringue
- Unbaked individual mini milk tarts
- Individual peppermint crisp puddings
- Brioche doughnuts covered with pouring fondant and nonpareils to resemble sea urchins
This wedding was one of the biggest commissions that I have worked on to date. At the time it was both very daunting and equally exciting. This is what Marcelle had to say:
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful creations you made for our wedding day. I believe you had put your heart and soul into making the dessert table, and it showed- it was just absolutely magical. EVERYTHING was done to perfection. The bits that I tasted, like the wedding cake, doughnuts and cheesecakes were wonderful. I wish I had tasted everything! The guests raved about the puddings, and there were a few ‘smash & grab’ moments when they wanted take-aways after the party! All the cakes were demolished within a day.
On the 1st April 2020 Marcelle and Jay will celebrate their second anniversary as a wedded couple – we wish them much love for an absolutely awesome day.