Dwarskersbos, West Coast – Marcelle and Jay
Flashback to Marcelle and Jay’s beach wedding held on the 1 April 2018 in Dwarskersbos, West Coast.
Marcelle’s folk’s home was turned into a beautiful wedding venue. Marcelle and Jay celebrated their love by getting married on the beach in front of the house. A platform was erected out front. Here the guests could enjoy the celebration protected from the sun by a large white stretch tent.
The wedding had a tropical beach theme. There was lots of lush foliage and interesting light arrangements. Marcelle knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding. She provided me with a fabulous mood board to work from.
Wedding cake and dessert table
Marcelle and Jay chose to spoil their guests with a sea and South African inspired wedding cake and dessert table. The dessert table was a collection of bright white plinths. They were decorated with seashells, coral, interesting plants and lights. The dessert table treats were laid out amongst the decorations.
The double barrel wedding cake was a rich coconut sponge with almond tones. The filling a tart passion-fruit curd. The wedding cake was covered in white fondant and topped with a handmade coral topper. The topper was made using pastillage.
An eclectic array of dessert treats including:
- Clam shaped vanilla sugar cookies flooded with royal icing and decorated with gold pearlized accent piping
- Vanilla cake pops covered in white chocolate and decorated with white nonpareils and white glitter
- Luscious individual no-bake lemon curd cheesecakes, each topped with white Ferrero Rocher Raffaello chocolate
- Vanilla cupcakes decorated with buttercream succulents
- Clam shaped macarons with silver accents filled white chocolate ganache and a handmade “pearl”
- Lamingtons covered in chocolate frosting and desiccated coconut
- Individual malva puddings topped with Italian meringue
- Unbaked individual mini milk tarts
- Individual peppermint crisp puddings
- Brioche doughnuts covered with pouring fondant and nonpareils to resemble sea urchins
This wedding was one of my biggest commissions. I enjoyed it very much. Although at the time it was both very daunting and equally exciting.
This is what Marcelle had to say:
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful creations you made for our wedding day. I believe you had put your heart and soul into making the dessert table, and it showed- it was just absolutely magical. EVERYTHING was done to perfection. The bits that I tasted, like the wedding cake, doughnuts and cheesecakes were wonderful. I wish I had tasted everything! The guests raved about the puddings, and there were a few ‘smash & grab’ moments when they wanted take-aways after the party! All the cakes were demolished within a day.
On the 1st April 2020 Marcelle and Jay will celebrate their second anniversary as a wedded couple – we wish them much love for an absolutely awesome day.
If you would like a wedding cake and dessert table like Marcelle please get in touch. I would love to hear from you. You can contact me via WhatsApp on 074 217 6968 or via either of these contact forms: Request a Quotation or Get in Touch